1 February 2024
Ray Staiger Ltd Returns Policy
With the exception of defective Goods supplied by Ray Staiger Ltd (“RSL”), RSL has absolute discretion on whether or not to accept return of Goods.
Return of Defective Goods
Where the manufacturer’s warranty covers the defect and the manufacturer agrees to replace or re-supply the Goods, RSL may accept the return of Goods on behalf of the manufacturer once liability has been accepted.
Prior to acceptance of liability, acceptance of delivery of Goods returned by the customer to RSL is not to be taken as RSL accepting liability, or of RSL as the agent accepting responsibility for defective goods on behalf of the manufacturer.
Goods Damaged or Lost in Transit
Claims for damaged Goods or incorrect delivery must be made within ten (10) business days of collection or delivery.
If the Customer does not make such a claim within ten (10) business days of collection or delivery:
- the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the condition and correctness of the Goods; and
- the Customer is barred from disputing the delivery or condition of the Goods and is deemed to have accepted liability for those Goods in accordance with these Terms. Our freight Company has strict timelines around claims for damaged or lost goods and if the above terms aren’t adhered to, we are unable to make a claim.
- If the Customer has agreed with the freight company for goods to be left without a signature “Authority to Leave”, and the Goods are lost, RSL is not responsible for their loss. Every effort will be made to work with the Customer and the freight company to recover the loss.
Return of Goods for Change of Mind
Goods that have been incorrectly ordered by the Customer, or that are surplus to the Customers requirements may be returned to RSL subject to a 15% restocking fee within 6 months provided that:
- Goods are unopened and in their original packaging and re-sellable.
- Goods are not modified, made to order, rubber lined or non-stocked items.
The Customer is responsible for the return freight to return the Goods to RSL, and will not be refunded the cost of any freight originally charged.
The Customer must provide RSL with a credit request note, that includes the original Invoice Number and/or the original purchase order number. Contact is to be made via email to email@example.com.
Any returned Goods that are deemed by RSL to not meet the requirements listed above may be subject to an additional restocking fee. This is to be decided at the absolute discretion of RSL. This may include but is not limited to:
- Goods that require repackaging will incur a restocking fee of 25%
- Goods that are found to have missing components, require reworking or are damaged in any way will not be accepted for return.
- Any returned Goods that have been rubber lined by RSL for the customer will be subject to a restocking fee of 25% of the original purchase price.
Goods returned outside 6 months from the date of purchase will not be accepted for return.
The Customer is responsible for Goods lost or damaged in transit during return to RSL.
Any Goods that are non-stocked items, made to order items or Goods otherwise stated to be non-returnable, cannot be returned to RSL.
In the case of made to order items, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that correct specifications are provided to RSL prior to the manufacture of the Goods. RSL will not accept liability for errors in manufacture made due to incorrect specifications being provided.
RSL will not be liable for Goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner.
Incorrectly sent Goods for return
Mistakes can happen, we will happily swap or collect goods sent in error however liability MUST be accepted prior to the return of Goods for RSL to cover the return freight costs, so please seek prior approval. If the Goods are returned prior to RSL accepting liability, the return shall be at the Customers cost. We reserve the right to charge for the items sent if they are not returned to us.
The risk in such Goods remains with the Customer until such time as they are accepted for return by RSL. Goods should be tracked and Proof of Delivery available in case of dispute. The Customer is to pay the freight and any other cost of returning the Goods unless the reason for return is directly and wholly caused by an error of RSL or the manufacturer.